Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Should I Take a Sick Day?


Dear Healthcare Lady,
Perfect attendance is practically a job requirement for me. Missing work is frowned upon and I don't know what to do! I have the flu but feel like I must show up for work! What should I do?
Benjamin

Benjamin,
Taking a sick day can be trouble in many companies. If you are really sick you should not expose everyone in the office to your sickness. As we have learned from the recent swine flu epidemic, sometimes we just do not know how sickness is passed from one person to another. Make sure to see your doctor and get appropriate medication when you must call in sick. Bring a note from the doctor verifying your sickness. I know you feel like a child back in grade school again but it is better to do bring a note than find yourself penalized for being off.

Try not to let the stress get to you. You will only delay your recovery and be out even longer. Take care of your health and soon you will be back to normal.

Do Everybody a Favor: Take a Sick Day

Believers With Diabetes

No comments:

Post a Comment